Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mrs. C

Friday evening, my cousin's husband stopped at his mom's house after work, like he does every day, and found her on the floor by her bed. She passed away sometime between their phone call Thursday evening and him stopping by Friday. To add to the heartbreak, her granddaughter asked what they did wrong for this to happen to her grandma.

Mrs. C was an amazing woman. She was a widow who raised her boys on her own. They all turned out to be amazing men. My cousin could not have found a more loving, hard-working man. Along with raising her boys, Mrs. C was a strong and driving force behind several school programs her kids were involved with. She became a second mother to many kids over the years, giving them the support and comfort they needed. Sometimes even the kick in the pants they deserved!

Among her many talents was cooking wonderful food. She catered my wedding 11-1/2 years ago and I will always be thankful for her hard work. She never hesitated to greet me with a hug when we saw one another out and about. I was one of her "kids", after all. God bless you and keep you, Mrs. C. You will be missed.

So, if you have a moment or two to spare, just think of my family and send thoughts their way. It would mean so much. Thank you.

1 comment:

Mary Maruscak said...

Thinking of you and your family today, Jenny. I'm so sorry for your loss, and so glad you have such wonderful, loving memories of Mrs. C. Peace.