Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Landmark No More...

I had never been inside this building, with it's rundown exterior and sad, gaze-less windows. I did not know the original purpose of its structure, its calling in the world. All I did know about this building was that it always had the most beautiful mural on the outside walls. They have faded over time and, to some, lost their appeal. To me, I loved to disappear into another world, an Eden, where you could be anything, anyone. I loved to imagine that our world looked like the murals on these walls. . .

Unfortunately, the doorways to another imagining were torn down today. I did not get there fast enough to capture forever the whole view of the fantasy world I love to escape to. Just one lovely, forested waterfall still struggling to flow, trying to hold on to a time long lost. Hopefully, the few moments of time that I managed to capture will be enough. Hopefully, I will not forget the joy and release those worlds brought me for so many of my still-young years.


No comments: