Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

What A WEEK!!!

Family fun has gleefully kept me from posting recently and I don't regret it one bit. My SIL, Dana, and my brother came to visit this past weekend. It was wonderful to see him, again! I have missed him so much and to get to hug him was a gift I can't ever describe with any accuracy. Oh, the hugs! The hugs! Boy, did I get hugs! My two newest nephews, Stickyfingers and Crumbgrabber, were just so willing to give Aunt Jenny hugs! I loved it!!!

Dana brought some beautiful cards that she made for me (people, the pictures on her blog don't do justice to her work!). She graciously worked her magic for me, so that I might have a more personal card to give my best friend of fifteen years. I ended up with THREE! The one that is going to be used is just perfect! The colors are exactly what I think of when Rachel comes to mind and the design is the right combination of modern/romantic, I think.

Another bonus of this past weekend: I received my part of the barter I was in with Bobbie. May I just say, "Wow!" I am astounded at the talent. All of you need to go to her blog and see what she creates! One of the best parts? Dana was in the kitchen with me when I opened the package! We got to 'Ooh' and 'Aah' over them together. They are just so pretty, I want to put them in a frame! Thanks, Bobbie! They are wonderful!

On a sadder note, Jessica, one of Dana's friends (who's blog I have been lurking in for a few weeks) had computer meltdown. She lost everything on that computer, including pictures from the last few months that she hadn't backed-up yet. Ouch. I think I will get started on mine. Maybe we all should.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yes, it's a good idea to back up pics on a regular basis! i wish i'd have gotten to mine before my hard drive ate them, but oh well. A few of them got posted on my blog, but so many more were lost. Ofcourse, it's amazing this computer even runs at all. It's a pieced-together mish-mash of older computers (one of which was bought at Goodwill for $5!). We're hoping to get a new one before too terribly long...
And hugs are the best! :)