Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Photo Editing

Well, I have officially confused myself. Hehehe. Unfortunately, most people that know me would say that it does not take much to do that.

I downloaded Paint.NET the other day and am having a doozy of a time teaching myself how to use it! I figured out how to do black & white photos with a touch of color. I figured out how to use the clone tool a bit.

My goal is to see if I can make a collage. The reason? On the way out to my mom's churches there are a couple old trees that are partially hollow. They actually have a fence running THROUGH them! I am going to get photos of them during all seasons. Hopefully, I can make them into a Four Season Collage. It is just an amazing thing to see. The landowners could have easily cut down the trees but chose to keep them, just running the fence through the existing opening. It's wonderful!

Oh, and if you have any tips on using Paint.NET, feel free to leave a comment. PLEASE!!! LOL!

Edit: Dana asked about my camera having the function to shoot in black and white with a certain color chosen to show up IN color. Yes, it can. I was playing with the Paint.NET program the way I was because I have a bunch of color photos I think would look rather nice in black and white with just a hint of color.

1 comment:

Dana said...

That collage idea sounds gorgeous. I have a framed print in my office of a large tree in all four seasons, but it's only a watercolor, not a photograph.
Can't your camera take a B&W pic with one color in it of your choosing? I've played arouns with that function a few times taking photos of our white cat curled around a plant. Looks awesome!