Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Down time...

Okay, so I have been absent from posting for a while. I have been frantically getting the kids prepared to start school, going to the first few events for the marching band the 16-year-old is in, and getting my husband back up on his feet (without a cane).

What happened to my husband? Well, it all happened the weekend my brother and his family came to visit. I take my mom to her churches since driving has become a problem with her knees (more on that later). This particular Sunday, all three of her children and their families were supposed to go to church with her -- yeah, right!!! My alarm didn't go off, running late, husband fetches mom while I am getting ready, she and I then drive out to her churches without my family (no time!) and it's POURING RAIN! Yeah, my SIL Dana had a very exciting ride with my brother. After I left the house, my husband gets a call from one of our sons' friends (he's the one who just joined the Marines). He's stuck in the middle of the rain with a rare first edition book in his back pack -- he needs a ride! Hubby, I love him so much, tells the older boys what is happening, races out the front door --- and jumps off the top step.

To make a long story shorter, he broke a bone in his foot with that jump. Right where the cast wouldn't do him any good. So, since Monday, he has finally been back in his regular shoe. No more walking shoe from the doctor, no more ace bandage, no more cane! Maybe next time he does something like this, it won't take me four days of badgering to get him to the doctor. Luckily, he was on vacation already and spent most of his time with his foot propped up. *sigh* I love having my husband back!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My youngest started school on Wednesday. It was with mixed feelings that I put him on that school bus. I want him to grow up and be a good, responsible young man that doesn't cling to Mommy...but my house is too quiet!!! *sigh* I like his teacher and get a good feeling from her. I believe he will do well in her class. PLUS, he sits diagonal from her desk! Good spot for him, knowing my son! LOL! His first school paper is on the refrigerator and he already has a friend. His big brother (8) makes sure that he gets on the bus with him and sits beside him to make sure he is not picked on.

Once I work a few other things out, I should be okay to get a part-time job and maybe take a few classes. We'll see.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mom's knees...well, there bad. Very bad. No cartilage at all, in either of them. So, on September 20, barring any difficulties or changes in schedule, she is having surgery. The left one first. When that one is healed enough, the right one will be done.

Oh, and I am thieving her purse and lightening that 50lb. back-breaker she carries around! I have already told her this. She said she had to have what is in it. I told her she could keep the crayons -- all grandmas need crayons. The rest is debatable!

1 comment:

Martha said...

Love the new look. Very clean and crisp. As always, love the photos.
Now let's see ... Beth and her knees, me and my tendonitis, John and his broken bone, Dad and his heel spur ... ENOUGH!