Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to me...

Well, I turned 30 yesterday. I think I am okay with it. I had a great day. My SIL, my older brother's wife, came over to drop off information for a girl scout craft I am doing with my niece's troop (we're making jewelry!) and we talked for a bit. After dropping the 19 y/o off at work I stopped at the store to get a few more things for dinner and ran into my SIL again! We ended up talking for almost 2 1/2 hours! In the store!!! It was great.

After finally getting home, I turned on the oven to get started on my birthday cake. Several months ago I decided that since I was turning 30, I was going to make it fun. So, I did this...



What do you think? Me? I think it looks so ugly that it's cute! Hahaha! I had such a great time making it! When I started to put the icing on that cake, of course, started to pull apart. I called my DH tell him about it and could hardly talk for laughing so much! It really is an easy cake to create...you just have to use the right cake mix! I wanted a Carrot Cake and it calls for yellow, which of course is denser than the carrot. Overall, I had a blast! I remember my mom making me these really fancy cakes as I was growing up. It was kind of cool to be able to make one myself!

If any of you want to try it out, or see what it was supposed to look like, here it is. Hope you have a blast!

4 comments:

Martha said...

I love it! Happy Birthday!

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

That cake is great! What a fun idea.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hey . . . sorry for being late but Happy Birthday!

Jen said...

Thanks, all! I had a great day and loved my cake. I am thinking of making another one soon, just because!