Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Hair Delight!

Because I am rushing, and feel a little odd asking hubby to help with a pic tutorial, I don't have any photos to post that will verify what I am going to say, you will just have to understand how excited I am!

My hair has ruled my life in one way or another. It's a good day or a bad day. Mostly, bad days that result in me raking it back into a bun with an elastic and it looking, well, BAD! Until I started taking medication a few years ago for my migraines (I quit taking it, as previous posts about my migraines will attest to) my hair was uber thick and wavy/curly. Granted my younger brother has me beat in aces on both fronts but it just looks better on him when it goes wild. Now, while it is still wavy/curly and I have a lot of it, it is not as thick as it use to be, courtesy of a medication side-effect they neglected to list or tell me about til it was too late. Since then I have been very careful with my hair and what I do, or try to do, to style it.

Anyway, I ramble... I was watching a little television while getting ready for work the other morning and caught a commercial for Goody, the hair accessory company. They came out with a few new products that seemed very interesting and possibly quite easy for hair-styling-deficient me. So, doing something I most definitely DO NOT DO, I stopped at the store before leaving town and bought two items.

The Spin Pins come in a pack of two and each one replaces 12, yes you read that correctly...TWELVE, bobby pins! Super, SUPER easy to use and much better for my hair than pins and ponys!

The Modern Updo Pin is fabulous! I can now do a french twist in my hair with my own two hands! YAY! Granted, there is a bit more of a learning curve with this one but I was still able to figure it out for the most part in less than 10 minutes.

I will hopefully post pics soon. One of the great benefits of this? Since I don't have to use elastics with my hair when using these items, I don't have creases showing when I let my hair down! Just fabulous waves and barrel curls that some people pay hundreds of dollars for in salons. And it cost me less than $6. Gotta love it!

3 comments:

Martha said...

Bought one of the updo pins based on your recommendation. Love it! Unfortunately CVS only had it for brunettes. Going to look at WalMart for blonde.

Word verification: predsest
Definition: taking a break from pre-registration for anything

Love you.

Jen said...

Fabulous! Love the word verification and definition! We can create a whole new dictionary from them!

Dana said...

hmmm...sounds interesting. Never heard or seen them though. Of course I don't have TV and I don't shop (except for groceries) so that explains that! lol
Maybe I'll check it out in Rite-aid...post pics soon, will ya?

word: cressup
def: adding "umph" to plain cucumber sandwiches with some water-cress.