Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence Day!

Normally, we all gather at my grandparents for a full day of activities. This year, however, I stayed home most of the day. It was a rare treat to have all four boys in the house at the same time (and not fighting!) and we just wanted to enjoy the moment. Mr. Chef did have to work in the evening but finished around 8pm, so we were able to go to Grandma's after that.


The porch was the popular place to be due to the soaking rains that happened on and off during the day. Rebel and Li'l Pirate were off and running playing with their cousins in the evening light as soon as they were out of the van. It was nice to see everybody.


Aunt Martha and I sat for a while, playing with our camera settings, hoping to find the right combination. In the end, I settled on the FIREWORKS setting, just to be on the safe side. The soaking rains that had let up and given us hope for a cloudy but rain-free show decided to make a comeback! Aunt Martha and I stood under a tree with umbrellas protecting us and our camera (although mine started to leak right on my head!). Mom found a perfect spot for us to stand after discovering our first location gave us a great shot of a telephone pole.


Following the County show, my older brother set off a few...

And following that, my two oldest, Mr. Gamer (19) and Mr. Chef (17) decided it was time for Balls of Fire! Oh, yes. Literally. I have it ALL on video. But that is for another time but only because I still have to edit.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Wasn't that fun! My jeans were still wet the next morning after standing in the rain. You took some wonderful pictures.

Jessica said...

These are great shots! i love your photos, and though i don't often comment, i really enjoy visiting your blog to see what's new. Your macro shots are just fantastic! Have a great day!