Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Baby Beanie Cap

Well, I spent practically the whole day yesterday in my MIL's pool. It was wonderful! It was so hot and muggy that the pool was just what DH, the younger two boys, and I needed. My MIL had my 7 y/o niece, so she went into the pool with us. MIL can't get in when the sun is on the water because it blinds her, so it was great we were there during the heat of the day to give her a break.

My hands started itching when I got home. I needed to make something! So, out came my crochet hooks and I started surfing the web. YouTube is great for learning new stitches when you don't want to bother your mom! Lol! So, now, I know how to do Half Double Crochet and Triple Crochet. Doesn't sound like much but to a person that is still new and pretty much self-taught, this is fabulous!

Anyway, I made that Baby Beanie Cap I was talking about. I added a ruffle on the edge to soften the look and help it match the blanket. I also made a ruffled pansy to attach to it but DH said it was too much "stuff", so I have dropped it in my things for a later use.

Happy Birthday, Daddy. I miss you.

No comments: