Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

One of my cousins is having her first baby! I decided that I would make her something instead of just buying a gift. This pattern is from Lion Brand Yarn in their free pattern section. It is almost identical to the dishcloth pattern I use. The blanket itself is almost 4 ft. across with some give. I crocheted a ruffle border around the edge after I finished binding off the last five stitches. That's the first time I did a ruffle and I think it looks nice.

The yarn is Peaches & Creme worsted weight cotton. The Peppercorn Umber shade. I used just a little more than one cone (just over 688 yds). When I went looking for yarn to use, I kept coming back to the cotton cones that I normally picked up for my market bags and dishcloths. The acrylics just didn't appeal to me. In all honesty, cotton is better since it is an organic material and does not traditionally irritate the skin. So, cotton it is!

I found a really cute pattern for a crocheted baby beanie cap and am hoping to make it to accompany the blanket but I am not promising anything. After hurrying to get this done in a week, my fingers are telling me many stories of what they CAN'T do right now. Lol! It was fun, though. I plan on making more and selling them at the craft show I will be attending this fall with my aunt and mother. Haven't settled on a price yet but DH and I are discussing my options.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Jennie, the blanket is beautiful! You are doing a wonderful job with you knitting and crocheting.
Mom