Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

Inspiration and an idea...

When my brother and his family came down to visit this past Spring, they brought all the presents they had been saving from Christmas. My gift from them was this no-sew blanket my SIL Dana made. I just loved it! I still do. It reminds me of the Mardi Gras celebrations my brothers and I grew up with in Louisiana. These are the exact colors put on the King Cakes!

So, I decided to give it a try.



This one is for my niece, Paige. I plan on making one for each of the kids on my DH's side for Christmas. If I can, I will make one for each adult. If not, I am DEFINITELY making one for my MIL. She loves these things! Anyway, each of the four girls (ages 1-1/2, 6, 16, 18) will get the tie-dye pattern with their favorite shade on the reverse. Obviously, Paige's color is purple. Pink, orange, and green are next.

Dana, thanks for the inspiration! I still love my blanket! DH says I remind him of Linus from Charlie Brown...LOL!

4 comments:

Martha said...

So snuggly looking I want to just curl up in it with a book and a cup of tea. Good work.

These word verifications are just too much sometimes - xsbmkdwo?

Jen said...

Lol! I know! Don't you just love them!? Sometimes I try to rearrange the letters to see what words I end up with.

Dana said...

Ooh, pretty! I like that pattern a lot, and I'm glad you like your blanket too! Maybe I'll get one from you someday...HINT HINT! *grin*

Jen said...

*grinning back*

Yep, I think the adults might have to wait on theirs...I have, ummm ... 13 kids to make blankets for! Lol! My fingers are going to be so sore!

Speaking of kids - Your two - favorite colors? I will send this in an email just in case you don't check the comments again later...