Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Mamma Mia! What a MOVIE!!!

Mom called me the other day. "Jenny, want to go out with me on Thursday?" After some conversation and confirmation I discovered that "going out with me" meant going out with the Red Hatters! LOL! She has been trying to get me out with them for over 2 years now!

So the next day we head up to the shopping plaza where we are to meet the rest of the group. Mom's in red, I'm in pink (not OLD enough to wear red with them...fuddy duddies...lol). We do a little shopping before the rest of the ladies get there. Mom finds some adorable gifts for a few of her friends for Christmas and I find fantastic place card holders! They are miniature Christmas balls that are flat on the bottom with a jump ring for the loop to hold the card. Adorable!

Once the ladies arrive we head over to the chosen restaurant for lunch. Fabulous food and wonderful fellowship! These ladies are just amazing! Crazy but amazing! Following that, we all head to the theater.

We are the first ones of the day. Most of the group went to see The Women. Mom and I went to see Mamma Mia! Oh, my word! It is such a fabulous movie!!! We were the only two in that theater. We could laugh as loud as we wanted - we did! We could dance in our seats - we did! We could talk back to the movie - we did! We could sing along with the songs without worry - WE DID!!! Oh, I had so much fun!

Mom and I haven't had such a great day in a long time! We laughed, we cried, we giggled (she mostly at me because I drank to much and had to go running to the bathroom before I laughed myself into a wardrobe problem!).

When we got home we immediately brought up the movie's website just to hear the bits of soundtrack, to which my two youngest start moving to after they got home. Little Pirate loved it most of all. He was dancing in place, snapping his fingers, wiggling his hips...Hahahah!

Mom called me later to tell me she went right down to the store and bought the CD soundtrack! Oh, I can't wait to get mine!

Honestly, this was such a great movie! Sure the story line is about a girl trying to figure out which of her mother's three beaus is her father but there is no sex, no violence, just laughing, dancing, singing. It reminds me of all the old Doris Day, Frank Sinatra-type musicals. Oh, what a day!

2 comments:

Gayle said...

It sounds like you and your Mom had a glorious day, Jenn. I'm going to have to see that movie! Thanks. It's wonderful when they make a movie without cuss words! :)

Martha said...

Your mother told me about your adventure, too. Sounds like you had so much fun. I like your new banner at the top of your page, too.