Pages

Monday, July 16, 2007

Harry Potter

So, the family went to see the new HP movie this weekend. DH and I talked ALOT about whether or not to take Little Pirate. Knowing how much darker this moving was going to be, we were concerned. In the end, we did take him. He only sat in my lap once and that was for about three seconds. After that, he was peachy!

Over all, the movie was good. Having read all the books, I feel they could have done better. That leaves room for Director's Cut versions, though! YAY!

Breaking from tradition, I have not read aloud the entire HP series to my husband in anticipation of the new book release. Isaac's graduation, my migraines, VBS and family obligations have prevented me from setting aside whole days for nothing but reading. Then, too, I do like having a voice to talk with. In preparation for book 6, I managed to sound like a dying frog when I was finished!

DH is letting me off the hook this time, reading Book 6 on his own. On Friday, he will go to the store around 11 p.m. and get in line. I get to stay home since my older brother's two boys will be staying the night that evening. What a fun night that will be! Burgers and fries, movies, popcorn, maybe chase the kids until they collapse from giggles! Sounds good! They should sleep soundly. Hehehe! Yeah, right! Four boys under 10-years-old? No way!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Ooh, sounds like you had a good fmaily night out!
We tried to do that this weekend, but we wanted to see Pirates 3 and it wasn't playing anymore, just HP.

I'm sure all the boys will have a blast at your place! It's YOU that I'm worried about!

We're thinking of coming down for a long weekend on Aug. 4. Hope you'll all be around!