Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rockin' Girl


I was nominated by my SIL, Dana. She, herself, is an amazing woman...oh, excuse me...Rockin' Girl! Hehe.

How do I nominate 5 wonderful, Rockin' ladies when I mostly keep to myself? Simple. I don't. I just nominate those I know, that are absolutely wonderful. So, in the spirit of the event, here they are...even noting that some may have already been nominated.

  • Aunt Martha - Anyone have that one relative that you just love to visit? You know the one...they always have something neat to show you, something cool to do when you go to their house. That's Aunt Martha. She is an awesome person to be around. The stories she and her sisters (one being my mom) told us kids when we were little kept us laughing (Yump, Yonny, yump! I got a bwanket!!) The miniatures she taught us to make and the crafts she showed how to do kept us learning. Aunt Martha is such a fantastic influence on my life. I never have to be anyone but who I am. If things keep going the way they are, maybe we will see the same therapist for our camera addiction -- although, her DH says that we would just take pictures of therapy, so why bother!?

  • Dana - I know she has already been nominated but she's more than worth it! Dana is married to my younger brother (which can be an adventure in itself!), is an amazing mom to two beautiful boys, works full-time, and still squeezes in the minutes and hours to work her magic with paper and brads. I am in awe of all that she does. She is such a unique person, finding joy in everything around her, championing the causes that many of us are too afraid to touch and giving everything she is to family.

I know that it is only two but I truly keep to myself. In person, I would know your mother's maiden name in about 20 minutes but online I am a bit more introverted than I really am. Weird, huh?

1 comment:

Dana said...

You goofy girl. I'm all choked up about the nice things you wrote about me. *sniffle* Thanks.

And I don't want to even touch on the subject of what an adventure it is to be married to your brother...*rolling eyes* He's so much like his father, it's scary!*grin*