Pages

Monday, July 2, 2007

Crafty Weekend and Messy Monday

This weekend I made the four keychains I am bartering with a fellow blogger. I won't post them until after she receives them. I don't want to spoil any surprises so I will most likely get the pictures up by this weekend or early next week.

The knew pastor for the church called this morning. After talking a bit about different things in the church office and where they would normally go, I decided the easiest thing to do was to go the church myself. For the next 4 hours, Pastor April, my mom, and myself cleaned the church office and pastor's study. It was in a bit of shambles due previous events. I had been itching to get my hands on it anyway. When I was secretary at the church I don't think I ever had my office looking like that. Oh, well. Things happen to all of us and we move on, get over it, and start over. The office looks wonderful, now. The pastor's study is coming together fantastically. There are only a few more things for Pastor April to put away on the shelves and then she can move her things in.

I know some may ask why it wasn't cleaned beforehand but I really couldn't say. I haven't attended church there regularly in a while. I go on occasion (mostly when I can't get out of singing for my Aunt Nancy - choir director) and then also to volunteer for other events such as VBS or dinners that my husband will cook for. So that is why I have no idea why the church offices were not cleaned in preparation for the new pastor. Hey, we got rid of a bunch of unneeded junk, though! Yay!

Once we were done at the church, Mom and I headed to the store. We needed to get bleach for Pap to finish power washing the front porch and to look at beads. Yay! Beads!!! LOL! Anyway, Mom wants my to try and make a bracelet for her to give to each of the ladies in her Red Hatter group. I think I have a good pattern in mind. We found some purple glass beads a few weeks ago and I have been eyeing them ever since. They remind me of a set of dishes Mom had years ago. They are the same color and opaqueness, too. (pardon the spelling) The only bad thing about the dishes...I broke them...ALL of them. It was my turn to empty the dishwasher and the bottom plate in the stack was still a bit damp. They slipped. Dad only yelled at me once and that was to stay put! I was in bare feet amid millions of tiny shards of glass. After I was rescued from the kitchen, I cried. I loved those dishes. Mom never yelled at me. I knew she was sad. Those dishes came from home. They were Viking Glass from New Martinsville, WV. We lived in Louisiana when I broke them. (Mom, Greg broke one first! Remember the hotdog in Bastrop?!) Oh, well. We'll see what I can come up with.

While at Pap's dropping off Mom, she spotted a nest in the tree by the driveway. You know me, camera always close at hand.

1 comment:

Dana said...

How sad about the dishes. But happy about the cleaning and the new pastor!
I like how you ended this post with the fantastic photos of the bird in the nest! Great shots!