Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Mom walked today...

I just took a call from my mom. She walked from her bed to the doorway of her hospital room! Of course, she then started to get a little fuzzy from the pain in her knee but the nurses and therapists took care of her. I am so thrilled that she is doing better! The pain had been so bad that she was unable to put any weight on it the day after, like the doctors were hoping she would.

I am going to dinner with my longtime friend Rachel this evening. Plans were that I would meet her at her home but I think I will just meet her at the restaurant. This way I can spend a few hours with Mom at the hospital.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

i'm happy to hear your mom's doing better! And i'm loving your beautiful photos recently. Wow, so inspiring! More, please! ;)

Dana said...

Thanks for the "mom" update. We're worried up here!

Glad to hear ou and rachel got out! Did you have a good time?

Jen said...

Rachel and I had a great time! I gave her the card you made for me. She loved it (she cried!). I have hit my limit for teary/mushie cards. She and I are only allowed two cards to each other a year. The rest can be whatever we want! Thank you, Dana. It was perfect.

Mom is in rehab,now. In talking with some residents and the nurses yesterday, she said she will be their for probably two weeks.