Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

An end and a beginning...

If all goes well, on Thursday my 18 y/o will graduate. I will take a deep breath when he walks OFF the stage. It's been a rough few months but we are almost finished. Then, he moves. He's going to be in one direction, his older brother in another. They do like to make my life interesting.

When the 18 y/o moves off to college at the end of June (more on that later) my younger two will be moving into the bigger bedroom. Any remaining items (there will be quite a few) from the older two will be moved into the smaller bedroom as they will only be home for visits. Of course, the bunk beds will stay in the rooms they are already in. Since they are identical, I am only swapping mattresses! When someone wants to have their bed to move out completely, THEN I will dismantle a bunk bed set but not before! Heavy metal beds that were difficult to put together are even more difficult to take apart without destroying them!

So, the 18 y/o, Mr. Chef, will be moving out at the end of June to go to college. He will be attending culinary school. Classes start July 7 and he will be there for just over one year (year round). He will then have a 3-month externship that he needs to organize early if he plans on going over seas. Luckily, he still has a passport from when his father was in the Marine Corps and stationed in Japan. All it needs is some updating but half the battle is won by just having it. The school handles all the work visas for overseas externships, he just has to find a place to live! He's already talking about where to apply! Ye gads! I just want him to graduate high school this week! I'll deal with the rest later!

So, anyway, I am still saying prayers of thanks for the Lord's work in my life. Especially my van. Sometimes I get so caught up in all the big stuff that happens that I forget the little things that make life so wonderful. Like playing checkers with my kids.

No comments: