Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009


This was the view across from our hotel this morning. A beautiful morning mist resting in the valley. What a wonderful thing to see first thing in the morning; a great way to start the day before leaving for home.

Then things went downhill. Fifteen minutes after we got on the interstate, we were sitting on the side of the road, almost 200 miles away from home. The transmission died. Walking just over 2 miles north, we reached a gas station where we called for a tow truck. Upon its arrival, my husband discussed local garages with the mechanic and it was decided that a small garage just across the street from the gas station was the best place. The gentleman that owns it works on engines and transmission only and, according to the mechanic and the staff at the gas station, he is the best choice in a large area and is a very honest man and hard worker. People are willing to wait the week for the work to be done rather than travel 30 minutes away to a dealership that gets it done faster. Funnily enough, he gets his transmission parts from a parts dealer that is located just 30 minutes from where we live!

So, my BIL drove down to pick us up (he made great time!). We loaded everything into the back of his pickup truck and all three of us loaded into the front seat. Needless to say, I am home. Without a vehicle but home. Tomorrow my grandpap is lending me his Tahoe to allow me to transport my family to my 18 y/o son's last Band Banquet. Hopefully, I can get it early enough to finish up the last little bit of work I need to do on Pap's and Grandma's anniversary present. Tomorrow is their 58th wedding anniversary and I have had the pieces of their gift for a few weeks. Up until this morning, I thought I was going to have more than enough time to get everything done. Hahaha! It'll all work out. One way or another, God will help me get it done.

Overall, it has been a grand adventure. Now, paying for the grand adventure will be another journey.

No comments: