Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

So many times we try and do God's job of taking care of our lives. So many times we feel we are capable of handling every problem that comes our way. You can bet that every time we approach things like that, God is looking at us, shaking His head, sighing and thinking "You're screwing it up. Just let Me have five minutes. Just trust Me." And every time we still think we can do it without help, like a child learning to tie shoes or a teenager learning to cook without the smoke alarm going off. We think we know it all.

And then there are the moments where we finally just let go. We let go and let God.

I finally let go of something. I let go and God did what He had been trying to do. He took care of me and my family in such a miraculous way. Through someone dear to me, He took care of me. He helped me realize that my pride was getting in the way. I needed to be more humble. Two of the things I need to work on most got in the way of God working in my life. God's patience is unending with me.

I am so very thankful for the miracle he has helped me find. His work is subtle, at times, and at others He waits for us to finish banging our head against a brick wall before He pulls out the bullhorn and shouts at us that He fixed it before it happened, we were just too busy ignoring Him to listen.

So, let go. He just needs five minutes...

No comments: