Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

The last few weeks...

The last few weeks have been rather busy and stressful. On Independence Day we took Jonathan (aka Mr. Chef) to Pittsburgh and moved him into the dorms at PCI. He returned with us for one last family summer holiday and went back the next day. He loves it up there! He has figured out how to get to the grocery store using the transit system (only took two hours to figure out the six block trip) so that he knew which bus to get on should there be inclimate weather. He loves his classes! DH and I are so proud of him. We miss him terribly.

Now that both the older boys have moved out of the house, we moved the younger two into the bigger bedroom the older two just vacated. Isaac and Jonathan still have a place to come home to it's just the smaller bedroom. They assured us that a place to sleep and stash a few articles of clothing was just fine. It's still hard to realize that they aren't here anymore. I know Isaac has been moved out since last September but moving the younger two into the bigger room made everything seem so final.

DH and I are so proud of both the older boys - young men, really - and all they have done in their lives. Isaac has been able to maintain an apartment and a steady job while he was going to school and continues to do so since finishing his courses. That isn't something easy to do in today's economy, let alone while living in a college town. He is so grown up when he visits. I miss the little boy that was all knees and elbows, crawling onto my lap and falling asleep during church. *sigh* Memories...

Speaking of visits, Isaac did come up last week. His landlord hasn't fixed the washing machine, yet, and he needed clothes washed. As we have told him to do, he brought the clothes home. The younger two boys loved Isaac being home! They played video games and Yugioh card game. I would have enjoyed the visit much more had I not decided earlier in the day to sort through our metal storage building. Despite the fact that I drank enough water to turn me into a fish, I dehydrated...drastically! The culmination of said dehydration? A wonderful migraine that tipped my pain scale at a level 9. During the entire 20+ years I have been suffering from migraine, I can count on ONE HAND the amount of times I have been physically ill from the pain. I don't think I will ever eat another pickle again. Ever. And I love pickles. But not after this.

I was still dealing with the pain the next day and the weakness and lethargy lasted almost the entire weekend. My negligence in not wearing my medical alert is no more. I had become complacent in putting it on in the mornings, thinking it wasn't such a big deal as long as I had a card in my wallet. Yeah, not so much. I have once again put it on every day.

I rarely ask anything of the few readers who come to my blog. However, I am asking for prayers. My DH's cousin had an emergency c-section on Friday due to severe hemorraging. Her little girl didn't make it. We almost lost DH's cousin, too. So, please, though I give you no names, keep that family in your prayers and thoughts.

On a happier note...my van is ready. I pick it up on Wednesday. Praise God! Things may not happen in our time but they do happen in His time. He has taught me patience and humility in the last few months. A lesson I hope to retain.

No comments: