Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A few firsts...

My two younger boys (Mr. Rebel on the left and Mr. Pirate on the right) got up bright and early this morning. Today was their first day of the 2009-2010 school year. It is also the first year that they go to school by themselves. Previously, they have had one or two older brothers with them. Not this year. Mr. Magic Hands (yes, that's the oldest...the Massage Therapist) and Mr. Chef (the second oldest...and his moniker is self-explanatory) are both off exploring the world in their own way, though they do manage to find home every once in a while. We do enjoy that.

*sigh* Those two look so much like their dad...


This was another first for me. An ORANGE SKY! Yes, that is true-to-life color. I double checked and triple checked. The sky was ORANGE! We had a pretty serious storm roll through one evening. The sky started to go green (bad bad bad) but then apparently changed its mind and we got the most beautiful "orange push-up" color! The sun had not yet set on the other end of the weather system and the light was bouncing off all the moisture. It was beautiful! 20 minutes later we had white clouds, blue skies and a gorgeous sunset. Nature is so fascinating!

2 comments:

Dana said...

why doesn't mother nature realize that orange is MY favorite color...*pout* I'm severely jealous.

Awesome, AWESOME 1st day photo. We've got almost 2 weeks left before school starts, but I probably won't remember to take a pic, knowing me!

Jen said...

I couldn't believe the color! I really don't like storms but I couldn't help myself. I just kept looking outside and smiling. It was so beautiful!

The boys were most cooperative for me. No complaints or moaning. Depending on how the school pictures turn out, I may end up using this one for family instead of paying for another photographer's blurry version of my kids. It's cheaper, too!