Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The last week

Has been so incredibly busy. Massive amounts of cleaning and rearranging has happened. I have cleaned and rearranged my living room bit. My kitchen has been cleaned and sorted. My bathroom got cleaned/sterilized very well today. DH has been a blessing and helped me stay caught up on laundry.

The front half of my large metal storage building is pretty well dedicated to Yard Sale stuff. I am hoping to have one in the next few weeks or just after school starts at the end of the month. I still have my bedroom to go through and my closet. Oh, and DH's wooden storage building needs gone through but he has to be here for that.

While I was scrubbing the bathtub today, crouched in an awkward position, something went crunch and rip in my left knee. Even though I was still able to walk around and finish the bathroom, it hurts like the dickens! I put my trusty knee-brace on to hold myself together and it helped for a while but it still hurts.

Oh, well. The hazards of cleaning.

Speaking of cleaning! If you have a vinyl shower curtain and it has metal grommets, I have an easy cleaning tip! A few, actually.


  1. Don't put it in the washer. Personal experience (should have been obvious, I know) says that the metal grommets will put tiny slices in your nice vinyl shower curtain. The one you love. The one that is no longer being sold in any store! Good thing you bought all they had left on clearance...
  2. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and hot water. Take down the shower curtain, leaving the bottom inside the tub and drape the rest over the side. Fill the tub with a little hot water and scrub away with the Eraser. Feed the rest of the shower curtain into the tub, scrubbing sections as you go.
  3. If you have a removable shower head, just hang the shower curtain back up. Step into the shower, turn on the cold water and, using the shower head, rinse the shower curtain. Easy-peasy! Should take about 5 minutes!
And the best part is that you didn't use any harsh chemicals! I love my Magic Erasers! I can clean without harsh chemicals. When I remember to buy more vinegar, I will be even happier because my windows needs it desperately.

No comments: