Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sunshine and Bananas!

My DH brought these home the other day (mind you, this isn't ALL of them!). FOUR grocery bags FULL of the wonderful browning bananas!!! I giggled like a little school girl! Why? Well, because of THESE:


I love making banana nut muffins! I have used my grandmother's recipe for years and it is always perfect! My SIL, Dana, told me a few things she adds to her banana nut muffins and I hope to get her recipe from her soon so I can test it out! She adds Cardamom and soaks raisins in a warm pan of dark rum or cider as an optional ingredient! Oh, I am so excited to try it! I will have to call her and ask for the recipe. Especially after the reaction from DH and Mr. Chef when I told them!

Anyway, here's a funny. My kids get home from school around 4PM. My DH was home early yesterday...about 4PM. I had fresh warm muffins on my kitchen table...about 4PM! Lol! Can you see where this is going? My husband rounded the corner of the house just before the kids. He raced up the stairs, looked back and said, "She's got warm banana muffins on the table!", then ran into the kitchen! My 18 y/o, Mr. Chef, jumped up the stairs, turned around and playfully (and gently) backed his brothers DOWN the stairs, shut the storm door and LOCKED IT! Lol! He then ran into the kitchen! My husband had a muffin in his hand by that time and waltzed to the front door to let the younger boys in, who proceeded to dump their stuff in their room and race to the kitchen table! Within 15 minutes they ate 8 muffins!!! These are gourmet size/Texas size muffins! Lol! I think they like my muffins...although this is a tame reaction compared to previous "Muffin Day" occurances!

And to end the post...Grandpap had successful pacemaker surgery on Tuesday! He is on antibiotics to ward off possible infection since the first pacemaker had to come out because of that. After visiting with him this morning, and thinking I was going to get to bring him home early and surprise Grandma with him walking in the door, alas, he has to stay until at least this evening because the doctors opted to give him three doses of liquid antibiotic at the hospital so he can be monitored just to be safe. I am thrilled everything is going well! It brightened my overcast day...so here is a bit of my sunshine for you!




No comments: