Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Accidental Honeysuckle

If you haven't figured it out by now, I spend a lot of time with my mom. Ever since my dad died ten years ago, we have been very close. So this is another "I was out with my mom" post. Just to let you know.

Last evening, I had taken Mom out to a funeral visitation, since one of her parishioners passed away (he was 91 and they were married for 72 years). I was her chauffeur for the evening as her knees were causing her some discomfort and she has a four day conference she just left for today that includes a lot of walking. So, her driving was out of the picture. I got a bit bored sitting on the porch of the funeral home trying to stay out of the way and not disturb the family, but still be close if Mom needed me. I did what any camera-aholic does. Take pictures of ANYTHING! But not noticeably.

When I went to the van to get the camera I passed a fence covered in greenery. I had passed it to get the the funeral home to begin with but something was different. So what? Honeysuckle, that's what! Wonderful, beautiful, aromatic honeysuckle.

I remember when I was little and we lived in Louisiana. The last house we lived in had a wonderful back yard. As you stood in the yard looking at the back of the house, the left corner of the house had this huge honeysuckle bush. It smelled so good!

Walking back to that honeysuckle-covered fence, with that smell enveloping me, I felt like a little kid again. So lost in my thoughts, I momentarily lost my balance on the uneven ground and unintentionally took this picture...


Yeah, it could be a lot better. Still, it's not bad for having lost my balance to take it.

No comments: