Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

VBS Update

Oh, my. I am exhausted! I think it is a good exhausted, though. I am not sure yet. I will let you know.

The final night of VBS is here. Last night the kids carved "rocks" with Aunt Martha. Tonight they learn about the feeding of the five thousand during storytime.

The music is going over so well! Aunt Martha and I are about tied with which one the kids like best. Not to worry! I like both music and crafts! I grew up surrounded by both!

My Aunt Nancy and her daughter-in-law, Kim, have been able to help out a lot the last few days. They have been a blessing during craft time! Aunt Nancy has also been helping us take pictures of the kids. The pictures started out with just a shot of them in the boat that we made...


...then is escalated into a surpise that I have finally finished for tonight's presentation for the kids and their parents. SLIDESHOW! The first one we have ever had at VBS! I know many churches may have them, but this is a first for us (and me!).

Here's a view of the sunset we were blessed with last evening.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Holy COW! You can tell how hard you worked on that boat/water scene setup! It's FANTASTIC.

Hope your last night went well.

Love those sunset photos too...

Anonymous said...

Great VBS. We did the same theme for several years when our son was young. The kids loved it. Now for many years, they have been doing a modern theme. The new director is thinking of doing the Gallilee theme next year.

You all did a great job on the decorations. I love the idea of having a Rabbi come in. We, too, are a UMC.