Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

New Gems!

Finally! After several weeks of nothing, I have finally made something. This is my Aunt Martha's Cane Bracelet. It did not take me too long to make the actual bracelet. The elastic piece that I had to sew for the handle...yeah, that was a long conversation with my sewing machine. Almost 30 years old and I am still scared of the darned thing. Go figure.

I had fun making the Cane Bracelet, though. For those wondering, Aunt Martha's and Mom's canes unscrew and have push-button height adjustment. The Cane Bracelets are attached by key rings that are slid onto the cane when it is separated and the elastic that is sewn around the key ring is pulled over the handle to hold it just under the hand-grip. See the slide show for a better look at Mom's burgundy cane with the Cloisonne Cane Bracelet.

While I was picking up an extra pack of beads to match what Aunt Martha chose, I found this darling Dragonfly key chain. The colors were perfect! With her having just finished all those dragonflies for VBS, it seemed like it was meant to be! I think she liked it. She got very excited when I dropped in on her at work today. I know I could have waited, but I wanted to make sure she didn't have to chase that thing around any more than she had to.

















No comments: