Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sunset

The day after graduation I had to make everyone get back into their good clothes and go to my mother-in-law's home. In the crush of people and the chaos of figuring out what Isaac wanted to do after Pomp & Circumstance, I had not taken pictures of him with his grandmother! EEEK!

Well, after pictures were taken over at my MIL's(they look great), I took the camera to the store to get them printed. When they were done, and I was stepping outside , I pushed the buggy under a plateglass window to gather my things. I glanced up and saw a reflection of the sky. I immediately took out the camera, seconds were important!

Philosophically, to me, the cloud in front of the sun are all the obstacles that anyone encounters in life. Yet, we are still able to let ourselves shine and be seen around those obstacles, in rays of hope and achievement that are unique to us in some way. This sunset represented the closure of just one milestone in a young man's life. I can't wait to see the rays of sunlight yet to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this picture, and your interpretation of it beautiful!! Moments like the one you encountered that day don't come along very often. You're so lucky to have looked out the window at that moment!! And the shot turned out great!!