Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Graduation

Tonight is it. Isaac graduates from high school tonight. Oh, dear. No crying! I absolutely CANNOT handle a sinus headache, right now!

I remember the first time I met him. The skinny little kid, all knees and elbows, with his dad's blue eyes and the most beautiful, honest, "Hi, this is who I am"-smile I have ever seen. I remember when he barely came to my collarbone. Now, I barely come to his. He still has the same smile, when you can catch it. He wears contacts that make his eyes even bluer and he has grown into those knees and elbows.

Isaac is a truly amazing young man. I hope and pray that he will realize his own worth and know that he does not have to be anything or anyone but himself. As long as he holds to his values and responsibilities, and does not compromise on his integrity he will grow from a strong young adult into a strong and responsible man.

Congratulations, Isaac! I love you, honey. I am so proud of you and everything you have accomplished.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I echo your sentiments, Jen.
Congrats! and love that tie!