Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Progressive Birthday

I celebrated my birthday over several days this year. I didn't really have a party, I just cooked and had some really great food! Not to mention, grocery shopping two days in a row! So anyway, I wanted to show you what I had. For my birthday dinner my husband and I fixed Tuscan Stuffed Chicken Breast with Prosciutto & Mozzarella Cheese with Baby Greens Salad and Mixed Veggies. You are only getting a picture of the Chicken because he took my camera from me! Something was said about the food getting cold...oh, well!


I was amazed that the 8-year-old loved it! Even more surprising? My youngest son, who is super-picky about his food, cleaned his plate! He even thought about asking for seconds. Thought about it, but didn't! The teenagers, on the other hand, were less than pleased. They ate it anyway. They are good young men. Now, that ends day one! Oh, I know! Dessert happens on day two!

This is my Grandma's Broccoli-Ham Casserole. My husband loves this. My mom gave this recipe to me and my two brothers years ago for our families. Actually, she gave the recipe to me and their wife/girlfriend. Just clarifying. The guys would have lost the recipe in a week. We all use it. It is really good! I have to double the recipe. I even got to use my birthday present from my husband! My brand new 3-Quart enameled cast iron braiser. It was empty when dinner was done. Usually happens that way with a family of six.



I managed to get to at least one dessert on day 2! My SIL, Dana, posted her Dessert Nachos when she returned home after visiting us in WV. I decided to try them.

Not as elaborate as Dana's but she has been doing this longer! It only took me two half-sheet pans, 1/2 a hissy-fit for burning myself, and 1 phone call to Upstate NY to get the nachos done. Not all the fruit I used is in the picture. I had strawberries, bananas, pineapple, peaches, mango, and grapes. I wanted kiwi but they were like little cement balls! But the caramel drizzle made up for it. The vanilla ice cream made the kids happy, too! Dana, I think I love this!!! Thank you!

And tonight, day 3, I shall eat my birthday cake! I got to blow out the candles on my birthday, by decree of my husband (how cute!). He didn't have time to bake me a cake, so he bought me this beautiful little Red Velvet cake with cream cheese icing. At it's heart, it is a chocolate cake. They just dyed it red!


Okay, officially my longest blog. I think I am done now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all looks YUMMY!! Happy birthday!!

Dana said...

Sounds like you had a birthday FEAST! And spread out over 3 days, good grief you are a lucky girl. *grin*

Those nachos look delish, as does the AWESOME new pan you cooked your casserole in! I want one too!

Anne said...

Happy Birthday!!!! OMG... all of that food looks sooooooo good!!! Luuuuhhhky!!!