Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Bruised family...

My poor family. My mom is wearing a knee brace and has to ice down her knees every night. She also has to walk with a cane. Now, my Aunt Martha, Mom's sister, has been wearing a medical boot for about two months ( I think. Feel free to correct me, Aunt Martha!). She has something wrong with the tendon in her ankle and it hurts her so much. Well, because of the medical boot, she walks funny. Because she walks funny, she isn't able to stay on her feet very long. And because she isn't able to stay on her feet very long...Mom got her a cane. A blue one. Like hers. *sigh*

Luckily, it is only temporary. It has helped her, though. I feel better knowing that her footing is better. She is even able to park a little further from work and not have to deal with parking meters now.

I had planned on making her a Cane Bracelet to coordinate with her cane, too. I even picked out beads and everything. Then I get this really excited email from Aunt Martha telling me that she found the prettiest beads at the store and could I "please, please, please..." use them to make her a Cane Bracelet. OF COURSE! *smile* I am going to call her in the morning and tell her that of course I will make her a bracelet. She is my Aunt Martha! I don't think she knows how much she has influenced my life. Heck, I wouldn't be able to put beads on a string if it wasn't for her and Mom! This is going to be fun!

No comments: